Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Zip Zap Zop

Zipping...Zapping...Zopping...Yes! What a busy day! I see the impact of responding to student work and how it fits in writing for social action. Lil's rule about making sure what we say to students should keep them committed to their ideas and their exploration connects with me. I look around at all the middle school students that I work with vs. the elementary students that I come into contact with ,and wonder where the disconnect come from with these students when they lose their joy/passion for things. Even with my own son. He has so much joy and passion for the smallest things. That seems to disappear to with age. I don't want that to disappear. I want to make a committed effort next school year to encourage their commitment to their ideas and exploration.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you--making that same commitment. I wonder if we could find some of that joy for ourselves and in that way communicate it to our students. In our search for perfection it's the wonder that leaves us, I think. So, I'm committing to maintaining the wonder.

    ReplyDelete