Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Identity--SI Day 7

Carrie's demo got me thinking about my identity and myself as a writer. I think that you create your identity through your thoughts, words and actions, both intentionally and unintentionally. Your identity is also created through the perceptions of others, how others may perceive you. You adjust to these perceptions whether consciously or subconsciously.Megan remarked that when looking at people "You still remember who they were but it deepens who they are now." I think it works that way when you are thinking about yourself.Your experiences shape your identity and always remain with you. You may see yourself one way one day and it changes the next--evolves.The grammar discussion really tied it together for me. I thought about my earlier post about my definition of a writer and it hit me. I think that grammar is tied into our identities. People perceive you through your grammar, judge you through your grammar. My fear of grammar is why I do not consider myself a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment