Thursday, July 14, 2011

Starting Line--A poem in two voices

Starting Line

Let’s do it. You can do it! It will be fun. What if I come in LAST?
The first step is to set up a committed training schedule. What if I couldn’t finish? What I was last?


What if I had to go to the bathroom on the bridge?
Too bad! You will have to pee in your pants.

What were the chances of the bus driver letting me ride

back to the parking deck with him?
Really? We are all here to run with you.
Not a chance. Surely I could stand at the finish line and cheer on my

friends.

10k? That was 6 miles right?
That’s 6 miles. That’s 6 miles.

If some of these people here can do it, then couldn’t I?

What if I come in LAST?
Then we both come in last. We drove the round about way to get here, right? That’s not

the actual route, right?
No.
Breathe,you can do it. Come on, I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment