Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Evolution vs Revolution is messing with my Inquiry

After reading Carrie's blog and Megan's blog,I am inspired and energized. I go back to today to the writing into the day,Revolution vs. Evolution. Why not revolt? Within the community that we created, we ranted about all the things that bother, anger, and frustrate us. Why keep ranting? Why not change things instead? We are powerful and intelligent group of people. Together our voices could make a huge impact. Any issue we choose to work on together (teacher respect,creating teacher communities, the public perception of teacher), we could change together! So my original inquiry idea was motivating students to write for social action. The more I blog and twitter stalk as well dialogue with my fellow SI'ers , the more I am changing my thinking. I am thinking now of pursuing teachers as the focus audience of my inquiry...motivating teachers in some way through creating a teacher community within my school, social action with teachers. Does this make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment